Actual State of ADS Project

So I had a little break because I'm in the middle of our Exam Phase.
But I want to give you an Update about my Progress of the ADS Embedded Project ( I think I Need a nicer and shorter Project Name).

DF2SOS Filter:
The Filter itself is now working perfect there is no more noise as we have seen on the Floating Point Version. So Matlab and the FPGA Version were working identically. :-)
I thought about making it more General.
Actually the Coefficients were hard synthesized and could only get changed when you synthesize it new which is very time Consuming...
So when I have enough Resources I would like to cut the code at the states of one DF2SOS "Module" and let it Loop through it.
And the constants I will fetch from the Block RAM.
The constants and number of Loops through the DF2SOS I will write over an extra PCIe Bar to my Device.
I think that's quite a nice Approach to make it more General cause you just give the Constants to your User Program and you could realize all Filters which are Possible with DF2SOS Format, without Re-Synthesizing your Design.

STFT:
I just started with implementing an the Iterative Cooley Tukey FFT(  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooley%E2%80%93Tukey_FFT_algorithm#Data_reordering,_bit_reversal,_and_in-place_algorithms) Algorithm and I hope that I will get it simulated this week. But I don't know if I get it directly synthesizable and not to Resource Consuming cause remember I would like to do it on more than one Channel and I would also like to have a high Frequency Resolution ...

Going from the FFT to the STFT I will scale the Input data of the FFT to the Window I want to use.
Then I will calculate the FFT and read my Fourier Coefficients over PCIe to the RAM of my System.
After that I will shift my Input data.
So on the FPGA is only the data of the length of my Window. The Rest for the STFT is on my System RAM ready to Display on the User Program.
I hope that all this will work as how I imagine it. That would be cool to see a live STFT on my Device.

Upcoming:
I think in the next Post I will Show you a bit of my Equipment and the long announced Fails :D .
In this Year I started to invest a bit in some cheaper Equipment which I don't Need really often.
  • T-962A Reflow oven
  • CTC DIY i3 3D Printer
Both Devices I needed for this Project.
The Reflow oven was a good Investment when you want to solder an expensive BGA. (I burned one of the 80€ FPGA in a normal oven ...)
But you should really made some modifications on this oven. Even though there are many Blog articles and comments on this I used to modificate this oven, I want to Show you which modifications I exactly did and why.

I bought the 3D Printer to make some housings for my Devices. I bought the cheapest one because I don't Need really good Print Quality. I only needed a working Printer. So I don't think I can write much about it because I hadn't make big modifications to it.





Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

FPGA Notch the third and PCIe Block Diagram

FPGA 50Hz Notch and 1-10Hz Highpass Filter Implementation

ADS1299 Embedded System Intro