ADS1299 Embedded System Intro

So actually I'm working on an Embedded Linux System which will read and Process Data from an TI ADS1299 ECG/EEG Frontend Chip.

The Hardware of the System is a NXP i.MX6 Dual Core Processor with 2GB of RAM.
So I bought a System on Module from Solid-Run, because I have no Experience in designing a Embedded System and I think it would be too expensive to develop and produce it only for my own purposes.
So I only made the Baseboard for the SOM. It was also my first design with KiCAD, so I made some mistakes on it.
But it works pretty good and the things I need are ok.
To Access the ADS1299 I made also a custom board connected with a Hirose DF40 Connector. I Access the ADS over a Artix-7 with PCIe.
Using PCIe allows me to Access it easily over Memory Mapping so I don't have to do much with busses and drivers in Linux.

Actually I'm able to Access and read out all Channels of the ADS fast enough over PCIe.
What's pretty cool. But it wasn't as easy as I thought when I started the Project.

I will Show you some of my Problems and mistakes on the Boards as also in Linux in the next Posts.

My next Plans of this Project is to implement some Filters(Highpass + 50Hz Notch or Comb) in the FPGA. And look if I could do also a STFT on the FPGA.

The code for the FPGA is in VHDL which I had to learn in the University. But I hope that I will find some day time to learn Verilog, SystemC or SystemVerilog though I think the Syntax there is quite a bit easier.

I'm not sure if I will Release here the complete VHDL code. But I will Show you some Tools I had to write to get it all working.

And if you're also Planning an Embedded Project and need a fast Bus System for a short distance, try PCIe it's easier than most People Claim.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

FPGA 50Hz Notch and 1-10Hz Highpass Filter Implementation

FPGA Notch the third and PCIe Block Diagram

FPGA 50Hz Notch ... Second Version